Quarantine during this time of the pandemic has made us try a lot of different food items at home such as a carb-loaded plate of pasta and pizzas and now after getting bored of these items, we are officially heading into the part of quarantine where we just want to eat something healthy. Are you confused about the healthiest exotic items which you can try making at home? Well, I would recommend my favorite go-to Vietnamese peanut sauce recipe.
Listed below are three of the best dishes that complement the Vietnamese peanut sauce:
1. Spring roll:
- These spring rolls are gluten-free, veggie-filled, vegan, and a million times better than any healthy salad that you can make for yourself. Traditional Vietnamese roll has prawns, shrimps, and pork in them, but to make them vegan you can add pan-fried tofu in your rolls which will make them protein-rich as well.
- The best thing about these spring rolls is that they complement Vietnamese peanut sauce excellently. They are the fried, crispy, and heart cousins of the famous spring rolls. If you are allergic to peanuts, then you can substitute it by adding almond butter or sunflower butter. The Vietnamese peanut sauce recipe will be delicious either way. You can even use this peanut sauce to make some cooked noodles. For this purpose, you need to add a dash of vinegar and a fistful of scallions and you are good to go!!
2. Summer rolls:
- The Vietnamese peanut sauce also goes great with summer rolls which are also called gỏicuốn in Vietnamese. These summer rolls are just like salad rolls because of their nutritional content.
- They are filled with lettuce, carrots, rice noodles, herbs, and shrimp wrapped up in a translucent crunchy and chewy rice paper. It is said that these rolls first originated in China but then Vietnamese people modified it by adding their personal touch of exotic flavors.
3. Veggie and rice noodle bowl:
- If you dig that salty-sweet sauce taste in your veggie and rice noodle bowl then add some peanut sauce as well as freshly grated ginger into the bowl. The result will give you a perfect zing flavor and I bet you will love it.
- This recipe is light, fresh, healthy as well as crunchy. It is filled with veggies and fresh herbs and that’s why it goes perfect with the peanut sauce. Also, for the lazy chefs among us, it only takes 30 minutes to cook this recipe with no heat involved.
Adding peanut sauce to any food will make a light lunch or dinner very flavorful. This Vietnamese recipe can be customized by you based on your taste and preferences. If you don’t like shrimp, use any other protein that you have on hand or no animal protein at all if you are vegetarian or strictly vegan. These are Vietnamese favorite quick and healthy snacks for our fast pace on-the-go lifestyle. Serve them for your next family gathering and enjoy this finger-licking good recipe. The real rewards will be the satisfying light crunch of the herbs and the nutty flavor of the peanut sauce. You and your family are going to love it!!