Are you a new user of a washing machine? You must be wondering how to clean your washing machine so that it functions properly and clean the clothes effectively.
So in this article, we will discuss the importance of cleaning the washing machine. Are you maintain the cleanliness of your washing machine regularly? If you are already doing it as a routine, that’s awesome! A person who is very particular about cleanliness will undoubtedly clean washing machine after use. Everything on this earth needs to be clean. Even washing machines are prone to dirt.
What are the consequences of not cleaning the washing machine?
If you are not cleaning the washing machine, the dirt and the hard-water minerals invite the germs, which you can neither see nor mold. Once they reach the washer lid and the door, it won’t take long to go to the walls. This makes you to re-wash the clothes which result in double work.
Can we avoid cleaning the washing machine by setting a high temperature?
Yes, it does help. However, on the other side of the token, it can jeopardize your clothes, which leaves a negative impact.
The washing machines are available in three types, viz. Manual washing machine, semi-automatic washing, and fully automatic washing machine. In a manual washing machine, you need to feed the washing machine with clothes and give the instructions for doing the work. The semi-automated one needs partial involvement of the person. The fully automated machine would, at the most, need your clothes for washing and will stop only at the set time.
What are the steps to clean washing machine?
The steps of cleaning the washing machine depending on one model to another.
- The water & the washer temperature should be set at the highest level.
- Add a quarter of bleach or baking soda to remove the stains
- Wipe all the parts of the washing machine with a wet microfiber cloth after completing the process.
- After you are done with washing, put the wet clothes on the clothesline immediately for drying.
- Leave the lid of the washing machine open, so unwanted water gets evaporated by air.
- The machine parts should always be dry. If you find some amount of soap powder even after completing the process, take them out until your machine is free from these particles. Make sure that you replace the washer only after the machine is clean & dry.
- Though you maintain the cleanliness of your machine daily, a monthly deep clean is ideal. Though it is time-consuming, it is worth it. After all, you cannot stand the odor or compromise with your health and cleanliness.
Conclusion: The steps for cleaning a washing machine depends on the type of model. However, the items you use for cleaning the machine is the same. You may need the items depending on the washing machine configuration.