If you are looking to strengthen your Abs, many exercises will help you to achieve your goal. There is no need to move the abs to strengthen them. Instead, you can strengthen the abs with compound exercises hitting both the lower and upper body. Also, you can maintain the position of your body stable to strengthen your abs. Such core exercises are known as planks.
Do Ab Workouts Burn Belly Fat?
Yes, for sure you can reduce belly fat with ab workouts. There are some exercises like planks, windshield wipers, etc. that will help you to reduce belly fat.
What is The Best Ab Workout?
In this article, let us discuss some 10 exercises to strengthen your abs. All those abs workouts are the best for toned abs.
1. Plank With Front Raise
This type of plank is an anti-rotational core exercise. When you do this plank, your entire core gets the strength. Thus, you can make the body stable. Additionally, you can strengthen the lower back muscles. So, how to do this plank position?
- Now, you need to get into a position like doing push-up. Ensure that you maintain a straight line starting from your feet to the head.
- You need to raise one arm without moving the butt. Ensure that the arm is parallel to the face. Now, continue with raising and lowering your arms. Never shake the legs and don’t move side to side while switching arms.
- You need to hold one full breath and then change to the starting position.
- Repeat it 10 times and try it for alternate arms.
2. Three-Point Plank
Similar to the above plank, you need to come to the push-up position. But instead of raising your arms, you need to lift your legs.
- As already said, come to the position of doing push-ups.
- When you find the core of your body stable, you need to lift one leg. Now, you need to hold it for 30 seconds.
- Again you need to repeat the same for the other leg and hold for 30 seconds. Ensure that you maintain your hip parallel to the ground.
3. Side Plank
This is one more anti-rotational exercise to strengthen your abs. But here, you need to focus on your obliqueness.
- To do this plank, you need to lay on a side in which your legs are in a stack position.
- Now, you need to extend the arm that is on the ground side. Your legs need to stay straight and maintain the stacked feet from one to top of the other leg. Now, you need to push your hip up facing the ceiling.
- Hold the same position for around 30 seconds or you can stop before that too.
- You need to repeat the same on the other side.
4. Toe-Touch Crunches
Instead of using the abs workout machine, you can follow the below steps to get toned abs.
- The first step is to rest on the floor straight. Now, take the legs facing towards the ceiling straight. The legs should be perpendicular to your torso.
- Now, move your head and shoulders up along with your hands. Almost, it should be touching your legs but no need to touch them.
- Hold for one second with some control without any movement. Then, return your head and shoulders to the same position as first. You need to repeat it 15 to 30 times. This is one of the best ab workouts to tone your abs.
5. Windshield Wipers
If you are looking for the best ab workouts for women, you can follow the below steps.
- In this workout method, you need to rest on the floor first. Then, squeezing your hip, you need to bring your legs up.
- Under the same condition, you need to rest the arms on the sides with palms facing down.
- Now, bring your legs to one side and hold one second. Repeat the same towards the other end and release it.
- This kind of lower abs workout helps you to burn belly fat.
6. Crab Kicks
This ab workout will help you to reduce belly fat as well as you will get toned muscles.
- The first step is to get into the crab-walk position. You may be familiar with this walk from your school days.
- Using your core, you need to lift the hip the whole time.
- Now, move your right leg up and at the same time reach your left hand up. So, both your leg and hand should be in a position to meet.
- Repeat the same on the other side. Repeat it 10-15 times.
7. Sprinter Sit-Ups
This workout works in such a way to target the lower abs.
- You can try this kind of ab workout at home. Here you need to lie on the back with arms facing sides. At the same time, you need to extend your legs.
- Come to the sitting position and bring your right hand and left leg up. It should be in a running motion.
- Lower your body back to the rest position and repeat it 10 times.
This workout builds stability and balance for the upper body and core.
- For this workout, you need to first get into the push-up position. Now, move the arms to the extended position so that your wrists will come under your shoulders.
- Maintain your body in a straight position and move your knee towards the chest. Hold it for one second and release it and do the same on the other knee.
- You need to repeat 10 repetitions.
9. Back Extensions
Under this exercise, you need to lie on your stomach.
- Lie straight on the floor but you don’t rest your head on the floor.
- You need to bring your arms back to the position like a swimming motion.
- Get back to the original position after repeating it 10-12 times.
This exercise looks simple but it is a core exercise to tone your anterior muscles.
- Lie on the floor and take your arms and head like getting up.
- This will contract your core and sit straight to pull your arms. Now, try to reach your feet using your arms.
- Repeat the same 10 times
Can You Workout Abs Every day?
No, you can’t do ab workouts every day. But you can train your abs two to three times a week, as your abs require some rest. Thus, to strengthen your abs, you need to try any of the exercises or planks. To know how to do these exercises, you can watch Chloe ting ab workout on YouTube.
You may also read: How to Choose the Right Workout Tights