Millions of men and women across the globe are affected by infertility issues and fail to give birth to a child. Fortunately, medical advancements have made it possible for such couples to start a family. These days, one can avail effective medical treatments provided by the best IVF Doctors in Bangalore for every kind of infertility problems faced.
Hence, infertile couples can avail more infertility treatment options than before. Those facing trouble in getting pregnant can seek this form of infertility treatment. The doctor will carry out thorough evaluation for determining the available options.
How the procedure is undertaken in infertility treatment?
The doctor will typically review both the partner and their medical histories. Topics related to surgical history and family medical history will be discussed including current sexual practices. Besides this, the doctor would also perform physical exams.
Based upon the lifestyle and medical history, the doctor would conduct few basic tests, which also includes pelvic exam, lab work, routine STD cultures, pelvic ultrasound and pap smear. The partner would also be examined and provide semen sample for the purpose of analysis including blood tests for infertility treatment.
Prior to recommending any kind of infertility treatment, the doctor will be answering some important questions pertaining to the treatment. he would also like to know if there is faced any sperm or male factor problem, issues with ovulation, which is releasing of egg every month, if the sperm and egg meet in fallopian tubes, if sperm and egg unite, then can the embryo be implanted within the womb, etc.
It is by performing few basic tests that these questions could be answered properly. But later during the evaluation, there might be required advanced testing, which may include x-ray study of the tubes (hysterosalpingogram), womb or uterus biopsy, hysteroscopy for looking directly at the uterus lining, as well as laparoscopy (minimal invasive surgery) to check out the entire pelvis region.
Some patients might not benefit to these infertility treatment, while others may enjoy deriving the best results. the treatment usually falls into 5 categories, namely:
- Surgery to rectify anatomic issues of any of the partner, including varicoceles, scar tissue, uterine problems, fibroids and endometriosis.
- Ovulation induction: In case, sufficient hormones are not produced by the body or the right hormones are not released on time, then medications will be a necessity to supplement or replace such hormones to induce sperm or ovulation development.
- ART (Assisted Reproductive Technologies): This advanced infertility treatment is used among 5% of couples. The egg and sperm gets united in the lab setting followed by early embryo placement into the womb, by-passing fertility problem of the body.
- Intrauterine insemination or artificial insemination: This process involves direct placing of sperms into the woman’s womb during ovulation period to increase fertilization chances.
- Micromanipulation technique: It is also known as ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). It is used for increasing IVF success rates. The techniques use injection of single sperm directly within the egg and this technique is used in infertility treatment.
Such advances do allow couples facing infertility issues to enjoy parenthood. While couples may get pregnant by taking the help of their primary care provider or gynaecologist, couples facing complex fertility issues, more specially women over 35 years of age can benefit from care provided by the best ivf specialist in Bangalore.
Infertility might alter almost each and every aspect related to the person’s life, including their relationship with others and self-esteem. Some situations can be overwhelming and challenging and they are in need of infertility treatment.
Some infertility related facts
- Infertility is said to affect around millions of women and men all over the world.
- Infertility is not termed to be an inconvenience. Rather it is a type of disorder caused with the reproductive system which in turn impairs the ability of the body to perform basic reproductive functions.
- Infertility affects women and men equally.
- IVF and advance treatments are crucial for some patients and accounts to less than about 3 percent of infertility services.
- Majority of the fertility cases ranging around 85 to 90 percent are treated using conventional medical procedures like surgery or medication.
It is necessary to understand that the couple is not alone in this journey. If experiencing difficulties with pregnancy, then it will be necessary to contact immediately a physician who is a specialist in infertility treatment.
Also read: Everything You Should Know About Infertility