If you want to perform a tooth extraction, then the first thing you want is to get your tooth replaced quickly. A missing tooth will impact aesthetic appearance of your smile and the ability to bite and chew properly. Missing tooth can be quite embarrassing and frustrating. But, how much time will you wait for dental implants? It is considered to be a suitable solution for replacing your missing or lost teeth.
Wait for the mouth to recover properly
A tooth extraction is said to be a major form of oral surgery. If you want to undergo dental implant
s after a tooth extraction, then you have to wait for at least 10 weeks after getting your tooth extracted before placing implants. This waiting time period enables your mouth to recover after performing tooth extraction procedure.
You will always find certain exceptions. Some patients can go for an implant surgery at the same time when their tooth has been extracted. Whether or not you have to wait for your mouth to heal properly or perform implants immediately will depend on various factors such as positioning of your tooth, health condition and the presence of infection.
It is not possible to know if you are the right candidate for dental implants, or you have to wait for 10 weeks to perform implant treatment. With proper examination and thorough evaluation from the oral surgeons, your dentist will tell about the right treatment option for your case.
Dental implants will be worth your waiting time
Often patients find out that they need to wait for a month before performing dental implants after a tooth extraction. In this situation, they wonder, “Are dental implants really worth the wait?” Well, the oral surgeons have said that the dental implants are a suitable choice for getting your teeth replaced due to several reasons:
- Dental implants are meant to last for a lifetime and just like dentures or bridges, they are not meant to be replaced over time.
- Dental implants have greater rate of success. This means most people who perform implants treatment will have the implants bonded together into the jawbone.
- Dental implants are somewhat similar to natural tooth that stimulates the growth of the jawbone.
- Dental implants can protect against bone resorption or shrinkage of your jawbone that occurs in case you are missing a tooth.
- Dental implants offer the foundation for natural looking crown that restore your gorgeous smile.
- You can eat anything you want with implants and there isn’t any risk of implant sliding, breaking, or moving.
Thus, if you want to get a tooth extracted or you have a tooth that needs to be removed, then it is advised to visit oral surgeons who will evaluate your overall condition. He will be able to tell you if or not you require a tooth extraction, how quickly how can place an implant and offer you with all the details of your personalized treatment plan. You can undergo affordable dental implants treatment by fixing an appointment with the oral surgeons.