Businesses around the world, regardless of their extent, rely on warehouses for storage of their products and subsequent distribution process. However, as the businesses grow over time, the products to be stored in warehouses also increase and the storage space in these warehouses often becomes insufficient to keep up with the demand. This situation calls for immediate expansion of space or a search for another warehouse for systematic storage of products and a smooth distribution process. These actions require a lot of money which can be quite difficult for businesses that grew recently.
Additionally, the expansion of storage space and relocation to a bigger warehousing space requires a lot of time, which can be a challenge for a number of businesses. This whole relocation or expansion work will also disturb the distribution process and may result in financial losses as well. The most feasible way to cope with this situation is the addition of warehouse mezzanine floors Sydney wide and across the globe. These mezzanine floors can help businesses double the available storage space in a warehouse as celings of warehouses are considerably higher than usual height of celings.
The installation of these floors will help avoid relocation to a larger and expensive warehouse. Presence of mezzanines will double up the efficiency of any warehouse with increase storage space and contribute to the growth of a business. We have put together some valuable facts that will help you understand the working and efficiency of warehouse mezzanine floors:
Types of Mezzanine Floors:
Mezzanine floors for storage and warehousing requirements come in different types, businesses can make use of any of these floors according to their requirements. These types are described below:
- Structural steel mezzanine floors offer the opportunity for business to build a space that is versatile and suitable for multiple purposes in addition to storage. These floors can be used for warehousing, retail, manufacturing, and production purposes. A structural steel floor can be used for general storage purposes as well. These floors will adapt to your storage requirements and add to the efficiency of your storage and distribution systems. Using these floors you can build a storage space that is cost-effective and offers maximum storage capacity. The addition of pallet racking with staircases, pallet loading gates to these mezzanine floors will enhance the productivity. Incorporating fire protection systems will help you achieve an efficient and safe storage space to meet your current storage requirements.
- Rack based mezzanine floors make another common type of mezzanine floors that is used widely for the purpose of increasing storage space in warehouses. These mezzanine floors offer the most cost-effective option of doubling up the storage space by adding height using medium or heavy duty floors. These floors are capable of standing freely and provide businesses with an option of dimentalling and reassembling these floors in case of relocation. Rack based mezzanines can combine shelving and standard racking options to increase the available storage space and meet the storage requirements for an efficient distribution process. Rack based mezzanine floors with all these flexible options offer convenient and cost-effective storage solutions.
- Two tier shelving system is another option to increase the storage space of a warehouse considerably. These systems can be used for effective storage of hardware supplies, electrical components, and other useful automotive parts for a smooth and simplified warehousing system. This shelving system will enable you to make the most out of the available warehouse space by unlocking the empty and unused space above the floor in a warehouse.
Benefits of Warehouses:
Here are some benefits of installing mezzanine floors in a warehouse:
- As discussed earlier, most warehouses have higher ceilings, these high ceilings are there to keep the whole space look open and airy. However, when businesses need additional storage space, this bare space available above can be used for installation of mezzanine floors that will increase the available storage space of a warehouse considerably. Businesses can use this available space to store bulk of products and enhance their productivity level considerably making storage and distribution process more efficient.
- Mezzanine floors are easy to install and doesn’t require a lot of money and effort. This makes the installation of these floors quick and cost-effective. Additionally, the installation of these floors will not disturb the distribution procedure of your business, if the whole work is carried out through proper management and planning.