Table of Contents
- Need to know exactly how to Migrate Lotus Notes to office 365?
- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool
Need to know exactly how to Migrate Lotus Notes to office 365?
Office 365 is getting popular day wise. Organizations are moving over to Office 365 from their on-premises email systems to benefit from its cost efficiencies and other benefits like zero-maintenance unmatchable safety, progressive features, and universal availability. Users of Lotus Notes and SmartCloud Notes are not immunity.
Why should migrate to Office 365?
There are specific factors behind the migration of Lotus Notes to Office 365:
- The transaction of Lotus Notes is not cautiously collated to the MS Office 365 cloud platform.
- MS Office 365 offers gorgeous functional traits for businesses.
- To utilize Lotus Notes, technical skills are necessary.
- The Lotus Notes is tough for the beginner and requires serious learning.
- Office 365 has a collaborative and economic environment associated with Lotus Notes.
Lotus Notes users also have to migrate to other cloud platforms like Office 365 ultimately. For migration, they can follow the same procedure as Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
Manually Migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 with IMAP Connector
One can migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 with the support of IMAP Connector. Below declared are the steps for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration:
- Backup NSF files
Firstly, backup your Lotus Notes NSF files. In case your migration miscarries and NSF files get corrupt throughout the migration, you can recover the mailbox data from the already reserved backups.
- Make new Mailboxes for every single NSF user
Here, create new mailboxes at the Office 365 location folder (with the same name as in Lotus Notes) for each user who has an account in Lotus Notes.
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP port
You essential to permit the IMAP TCP/IP port for every user account. Just follow the upcoming steps:
- Launch Domino Administrator in the Lotus Notes Application.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Open the Server document which performs the IMAP service.
- Click Ports>>Internet Ports>>Mail tab.
- In the Mail (IMAP) column, change the ‘TCP/IP port value status’ to Enabled.
- Click the Save button & close the application.
- Synchronize with IMAP Connector
Lastly, use the IMAP connector to synchronize mailboxes between Lotus Notes & Office 365. There should not be a matter in the connection now.
The manual migration procedure has many drawbacks.
- The firewall & proxy server of Lotus notes may block the connection to the Internet.
- NSF files which are additional than 1 GB in size are not migrated.
- Calendar items have to be migrated manually as this process does not support its migration.
- The manual migration procedure is quite lengthy and time taking.
- Only a technical skill can execute the migration without any difficulty.
An Easy Method for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration:
Manual Way is not a select way to perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration as it is restricted from many limitations, for the easy and flawless migration a specialized tool is a must.
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration Software offers this innovative utility. It originates with a user-centric and greatly progressive algorithm. It is a multi-functional tool, and it can handle various NSF files in one go. The software skillfully maintains the integrity and innovation of the data. Using this utility, users can also export Lotus Notes to MS Outlook & Live Exchange Server.
- It can migrate many NSF files to Office 365 without any limit on size and number.
- Other than Office 365, it allows migration of NSF to Live Exchange, NSF file migration to PST file format.
- Progressive options like Folder Mapping, Email Translation, & Filter Option are also embedded.
- It also agrees with saving NSF files to EML & MSG file formats.
- This migration software is compatible with all versions of Lotus Notes & Windows O.S.
- It is fast, exact, and user-friendly.
To perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration, we identified a manual technique as well as a specialized way. Now we can conclude that for a faultless and relaxed migration, the manual method can’t be desired. To perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration flawlessly and capably use of the specialized tool is a must. Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is the greatest option. With all other features, the trial version of the Software is also available which allows migration of the first 50 items per folder.