Baseball caps have earned the status of a stylish wardrobe classic, and they have been in style for more than a century. There is no decrease in demand for this timeless classic, this sportswear staple remains an essential part of the wardrobe for ages and goes beyond the limits of time, age, gender, profession and even sports. Although, these caps are usually linked with baseball, however, even basketball and tennis players like to wear it for various purposes. Tennis players may wear these baseball caps to avoid exposure to the sun while basketball players generally make it a part of their casual dressing and wear these caps to stay in style.
The best thing about these baseball caps is they suit the style of every person. While there are many reasons to wear baseball caps, many people use these caps to support their favourite sports team and keep these caps a functional part of their wardrobe as well. Many baseball caps come with logos of different professional teams including some popular names from the NBA and these headwear products are affiliated with teams to grab the attention of dedicated fans and the general public.
For instance, people can look for the Boston Celtics hat category and tend to support their favourite team by wearing this type of headwear and stay in style. Here is some valuable information about this timeless headwear classic that will help you stay stylish and support your team as well:
History of Baseball Caps:
As discussed earlier, these popular headwear classics are in use for since long, these caps made it to the spotlight for the first time when Brooklyn Excelsiors wore these caps as a part of their uniform in 1860. These caps became popular over time and in 1900s they were in huge demand. These hats featured a long brim to protect the eyes of players from harsh sun and a floppy top. However, the modern baseball hat came into being during the 1940s when latex rubber was used as a stiffening material inside these caps.
These caps have seen many changes since then but they are liked by everyone till date because of their timeless appearance and functionality. A baseball cap is still an important mean for the identification of a baseball team. The caps used by baseball teams usually feature the logo, mascot, or initials of a team’s name on the front of the cap.
Types of Baseball Caps:
Baseball caps are categorized in various types according to their shape and specific features. The most commonly used type of baseball caps is the snapback hats. However, there are other types of baseball caps as well like strapbacks, fitted caps, dad hats, and premium caps.
- Snapbacks feature a snap in the back to adjust the fit. The snaps used with these caps are usually made up of plastic regardless of the material used to manufacture a snapback which can be wool, cotton, or even polyester. These hats are usually embroidered with a team’s logo, initials, or mascot. Popular sportswear and fashion clothing company New Era is the major producer of these hats and supplies these hats officially to MLB (Major League Baseball).
- Strapbacks make another popular type of baseball caps and are much like snapbacks. These caps feature an adjustable strap instead of strp of plastic snaps to adjust the right fit. These caps are usually made up of cotton, nylon, and leather.
- Fitted caps make the third popular category of baseball hats. This cap style brought baseball caps to the spotlight. Brooklyn Excelsiors wore this style and made it popular. Unlike strapbacks and snapbacks, these caps are not adjustable because they don’t feature any strap or snap at the back. Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that the hat has a proper fit. Modern fitted caps come with flexfit features that allow greater flexibility in the fitted style.
- Don’t judge dad hats by the name, these caps are more focused on functionality as compared to the structure. Distinct characteristics of this baseball cap type are slightly curved bill or beam and a bit oversized fit. Girls can rock this cap style with plenty of their outfits.
- Finally, the most modern type of baseball hats is usually known as premium caps. These caps are referred to as premiums because of quality fabrics and sharp details used during their manufacturing process. A number of famous fashion brands like Gucci and Ralph Lauren offer their premium baseball caps with a more fashion-forward sensibility. For men, these caps will become prominent when used with simple wardrobe and for women, there are plenty of options to rock this style of baseball caps.