With the advent of the internet, booking air travel tickets and making hotel reservations have become easier. You can do it from anywhere and at any time after researching airfares, train fares, and hotels. To make a perfect vacation plan, you would have to devote time to exploring the best way to reach your destination and get comfortable accommodation.
With the help of the internet, many individuals try to be their own travel agents. Undoubtedly, you can manage things but you cannot do as well as a travel agent can do for you. To get the best traveling facilities, you can contact a local travel agent. Holding specialization in the field, a travel agent could provide you the best travel plans.
Benefits of Pursuing the IATA Certification Course
After pursuing IATA certification training, students can work in the travel industry and serve clients. While working in the industry, students can grow contacts that help them to provide the best deals to customers. As an industry outsider, you cannot take this benefit and would have to contact travel agents for the best deals.
During the IATA certification travel agent course, students are trained to research in an effective manner. They are guided by professors to research, plan, and explore convenient options to travel. They are introduced to the responsibilities required in this field to provide the best travel package services.
Read more to know the responsibilities of a travel agent.
- Planning and selling transportation packages including insurance and other travel services.
- Cooperating with clients to know their requirements and recommend the best vacation plans, including travel dates, modes of transportation, costs, and accommodations.
- Providing relevant travel information through mails.
- Booking transportation and accommodation facilities.
- Collecting payment from clients.
- Using promotional techniques to sell itinerary tour packages.
- Providing solutions to clients facing problems during travel.
- Participating in travel seminars to promote business.
- Entering data through software and maintaining client records.
Besides introducing students to their responsibilities, IATA certification training also helps them to improve their skills. With the best professional skills, students can perform better in their professional careers.
Skills Required to be Travel Agents
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of multiple languages can be a bonus
- Effective sales skills with commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate, interact, and negotiate
The students who possess in-depth knowledge of domestic and international flights as well as travel laws can serve clients in the best manner. They would be able to guide customers in an appropriate manner. Moreover, if they have personal travel experience, it can be an advantage for them to understand and analyze different travel plans.
The students who are interested in becoming travel agents can pursue the short-term IATA certification travel agent course. Pursuing the course from a reputed institute, students can get a chance to work as travel agents with renowned private organizations. While serving the leading airlines, students can earn hefty pay packages. In addition to this, students can also find excellent work opportunities in government departments or work as freelancers.