“Can my house be odourless even with a dog at home”? This is the question we often hear from pet owners. And well, the answer is, why not? Even if you have your dear little pet at home, it can still glow, stay stark clean, and even smell good. We know you are a bit doubtful about the last option, but don’t worry it is all possible.
How to Keep Your Home Odourless and Fresh Even With a Dog Indoors?
Most pet owners are so in love with their dogs, that they don’t even notice that their home is stinking badly. But often you have to face embarrassment in front of your guest because of this very reason which isn’t good at all. And we know you are constantly searching for ways to eradicate this smell from your home permanently. Well, your prayers got answered and we’ve got some easy and amazing tips to keep your home smell free and fresh even with a dog on board.
- Train your dog —First thing first. You can’t attain complete cleanliness and smell free home if your dog is constantly littering around the place. So, you have to be very sure that this pet of yours is properly potty trained if it is staying indoors permanently.
- Use baking soda for home cleaning — Baking soda is that one magical ingredient that you will find handy to get rid of the nasty smell in your home. It is advisable to sprinkle it around your place at night and vacuum the entire house in the morning. This helps in eradicating the smell from the place completely.
- Use waterless shampoo to bathe your dog — Often the cause of the smell in the house is your dog who’s almost wet for most of the day because of the moisture in its body. That is why a waterless shampoo is the best option to clean your pet.
- Wash your dog’s items regularly — Whether it is your dog’s potty seat or the food bowl, ensure to clean it on a regular basis so that your home isn’t smelling because of these things.
- Get your carpets and upholstery cleaned professionally— Sometimes daily cleaning isn’t enough and the smell coming from the place is rooted deep in your carpets and your upholstery. That is why calling professional carpet cleaners in Auckland from Carpet Master is recommended to get rid of this smell. They will deep clean your carpets and upholstery and dry them thoroughly through their updated equipment and trained staff. This doesn’t leave any chance of the smell lingering in your house.
After you regularly carry out these tasks to keep your home odour free, you can even use a nice smelling air freshener to enhance the freshness in the air. Apart from it, try keeping your windows open more often and use air purifiers.