Before renting your next car, there are a few things you should know. Start by remembering to compare two to three-car rental companies before making a reservation. This is a great plan if you want to get the right price for your next rental. At the same time, another big and wise cost-saving move is to use coupon codes. With the power of the Internet, it is easy to find many coupons even for larger companies such as Avis Rent A Car, Hertz Car Hire and more.
Table of Contents
Types of daily prices:
Car rental rates vary between many different companies. It all depends on the current daily pricing service of the rental companies. The daily rates that are often found include the calculation in miles, the daily mileage limits or the possibility of obtaining unlimited mileage.
Remember that sometimes a cheaper starting price will cost more in the long run if you plan on driving a lot. So choose wisely, as having the right type of rate can be a significant factor in the overall cost.
Finding the right car can be confusing, just be aware of the number of people in the car and the total number of bags. Once you have these metrics, you can easily find what you need.
Car rentals are often described in the following categories:
1. “Economy”, this is the simplest and least expensive model. Seat 4 people and hold 1 large suitcase and 1 small suitcase.
2. “Compact”, slightly more expensive than an “Economy” car and will provide only a small update in the vehicle type. However, it can accommodate 4 people and 1 large and 1 small bag.
3. “Intermediate”, these cars usually cost from the lowest to the most expensive and can accommodate 5 people and 1 large and 2 small pieces of luggage.
4. “Standard”, slightly more expensive than “Intermediate” and will offer only a small update in the vehicle category. However, it will hold 5 people, 1 large bag and 2 small bags.
5. “Full size”, they are the most expensive of the packages. This vehicle can comfortably accommodate 5 people and has enough boot space to accommodate 2 large and 2 smaller bags.
Again, always make sure to check out the special promotions or coupon codes available online to save even more. Sometimes you can even ask the car hire companies for special rates in advance, which are usually available.
Additional airport rates?
Since car rental companies pay an additional airport tax, they often pass this cost on to customers. So when you get a quote, ask for this and see if it’s included or not.
Don’t forget the tax:
Remember when you receive quotes, taxes are usually not included. Since this may add a little to the final price, you should double-check if it is included in your quote.
What about insurance?
It’s easier than you think. Most auto insurance companies (from your personal vehicle) will automatically rent auto insurance (be sure to check with them first). However, if your personal auto insurance company has or if you don’t have personal auto insurance, it’s a good idea to buy insurance.
When you book a room, follow these simple and easy tips and you can be one of many to take advantage of the best rates offered by many car rental companies today. So to make a short list:
1. Compare prices and easily use the Internet to get low-cost promotional codes.
2. Check the daily price categories and choose the one that best suits your needs.
3. Choose the cheapest vehicle you are comfortable with.
4. Don’t be shy and ask when it comes to other hidden fees and taxes.
5. Determine if you need to buy insurance.
Also Read :: Inspired Ways to Add Tint to Your Rental