Your stairs are an integral part of your property! They aren’t just functional, but also add to the visual beauty of your home. A classy looking staircase is a mark of sophistication and adds essence to your home decor. It actually completes the entire beauty of your home with its very shape, material and structure. That is why whenever you choose the material for your stairs, you have to be very careful that it matches your interior décor, is super safe, and looks fabulous too.
The Best Types of Floors for Your Stairs!
So, let’s read below about the various types of floors that you can add as your stairs.
- Hardwood floors — If the entire decor of your home is around hardwood, then choosing it as your stairs is the best option. These floors come in various types and colours like cherry wood, teak wood, Oak, etc. They aren’t just comfortable to walk on, but they look classy and are the most durable and luxurious choice also.
- Stone floors — Another solid option for stairs are the stones. They are totally strong and come in different patterns and types like granite, marble, etc. They provide a nice and neat finishing and don’t even get dirty or dusty easily. The only drawback with them is the chill you feel under your feet when you walk barefoot!
- Carpet floor — Carpets are said to be safest types of floor for your stairs. They come in a unique blend of colours, patterns, materials and are super comfortable too. What’s more, you can get them in enticing choices like the striped stair carpet from Clever Carpets. They design and make them as per your choice and to coordinate with the rest of your décor and install them too.
- Tile flooring for stairs —Tile is another common type of option for stairs. It comes in versatile types and can be mixed and matched with various designs of other tiles to create a fabulous, enticing look in your home. Even tiles are cold under your feet but are tough as stone and also long-lasting.
- Glass flooring for stairs — Though it may seem surprising, but glass is a fantastic option to choose for your stairs. These types of glass floorings are very tough and shatter proof. They add a touch of class and elegance to your house and create a dramatic effect.
- Laminate floors — Laminate can be used as a substitute for hardwood floors on your stairs. These resemble timber and are quite budget friendly. Apart from this, they are slightly more resistant to water than the actual wood is. Even these are available in different colors and patterns and can complement your decor beautifully.
Today, stairs are designed to be as elegant as your home’s furniture and can be of any colour and material you like. The basic point is – it should complement your décor gracefully and add some pizzazz too!