Can you imagine cooking and working in a kitchen without an island? Well, we certainly can’t! The kitchen island is an essential component which can provide you multiple benefits and also adds a spark of beauty and a mark of completion to this space. But don’t you think that many kitchen islands aren’t properly planned and just added forcibly in a kitchen? Well, this is what people think if you don’t design a perfect kitchen island for your home!
Top components of a fabulous kitchen island!
So now that you are starting the kitchen renovations in Cairns via Paulene Benko, remember to pay special emphasis to the kitchen island(s). They’ll design and renovate your entire kitchen impressively and will suggest and design the perfect kitchen island for your culinary space as well. But for that, you have to consider the following points and inform them about the same.
- The ultimate usage of the kitchen island — The essential thing to keep in mind when you are designing a kitchen island is what would you be using this island for? Would it be the social space where you will host a meet up and enjoy a nice meal together with family? Or it would just be a kitchen cutting and chopping corner solely for your usage? Or it will be the central place of your kitchen with all your utensils and even storage of the products inside? According to its usage select the perfect kitchen island for this room.
- The size of the kitchen island – The next important thing to consider is the size of the kitchen island you desire. Are you a minimalist who only wants a small and narrow kitchen island that hardly occupies any space in your kitchen? Or do you like owning a vast space for your kitchen or you want a practical design that fits in your compact kitchen perfectly and still leaves you room for movement? Decide the same and let your contractor know about it.
- The ideal shape of the kitchen island — Almost 70% of the kitchen islands are designed in a rectangular shape. But that doesn’t mean that you have to follow the rule and select the same shape for your kitchen. You can make it in a square shape or oval shape or any other shape you desire. But remember, it should match the interior decor of your kitchen space nicely.
- The best material for your kitchen island — You will find a plethora of options available in the market for the ideal kitchen island material. Some love marble or stone for this surface while others are crazy about concrete and there can be tiles and even timber competing for attention as well. According to your usage and décor theme, select the best type of material for your kitchen island. Depending on how much wear and tear the kitchen island would see on a daily basis, choose the material.
- The island with a hob or a sink — A kitchen sink on the island is actually a nice idea. If you prefer ease and convenience of working in the space, then adding a sink here is the right option for you. And if you love it as the central place with a hob with your other utensils around it, then you can opt for the same. You have to let your contractor know if you want a simple tabletop as your kitchen island or you want any of these installed.
If you keep all these things in mind and then opt for a kitchen island, you will be totally satisfied with the results. Your kitchen island would be the ideal one making your culinary space even more pleasant and convenient.