The combination boiler is designed in such a way so that it can be installed easily in apartments and flats without occupying much space. After its introduction, it becomes the revolution of the central heating system industry to install in home. It is like a small mounted boiler featured with hot water supply system and central heating system simultaneously.
Hence, with this there is no necessity of installing separate cold and hot water tanks and you will be offered with adequate amount of hot water every time you need so. The recent models of the combination boiler are much efficient in supplying higher amount of hot water and saving energy in comparison to that of the traditional models.
Table of Contents
The issues come from the combination boiler
If proper care and maintenance is not taken for your combination boiler then, you may have to suffer from a number of problems with the system. Some of the common issues are discussed below for your reference:
- Sometimes, you may find that it consumes much time in heating up the water and it gets cool down easily or keeps it only luke warm.
- Turn on the hot water tap and switch off the boiler to notice anything unusual.
- Even, you may find that the temperature rises up rapidly and the boiler gets shut down automatically. It is the warning sign that your boiler is overheating and can breakdown at any time. Remember it is the most common issue with the combination boiler that you have to face frequently.
- While you need hot water and it comes through the boiler via diverting internal valve switches, it means that there is some fault in your central heating system.
- The water is pumping out via the hot water plate heat exchanger and hence the temperature must remain same. But if you find any kind of dissimilarity in the temperature, it is because of the internal fault.
- The water in the boiler and the one which is coming out via hot taps must not get mixed up. If it happens so, then it must be due to the occurrence of an undetectable issue in it.
- Accumulation or sludge will create small blockages in heat plate exchanger which will decline the working ability of the system on time. You will find that the boiler cannot pass the hot water to the tap or it may start overheating or can show any other potential issues that can end up with complete breakdown of the system.
How to deal with these issues effectively?
Whenever a new boiler is going to be installed the entire system will be flushed and cleaned out properly. This helps in removing sludge and debris from your central heating system. Iron and sludge are the major problems responsible for breakdown of your system. After that, an inhibitor must be installed in it so that it can prevent the system from the build up of sludge.
If you already installed a combination boiler in your home a few years back and suddenly found that it doesn’t provide sufficient hot water as earlier, you must address the issue. Hire the Gas Safe engineers from any emergency plumbing company to deal with this issue of your boiler system as they are excellent in handling this issue.
Other usual problems emerge from combination boiler
Some other problems can emerge from the combination boiler due to the fault in the expansion vessel. And the most common among them is flowing of water through the pressure relief valve pipe due to exerting extreme pressure on the gauge. Thus, it is highly recommended to hire the annual service to maintain your central heating system.
At first, your boiler service provider will ensure that everything is fine and safe with the spare parts. It will be assured too that it is working in the same manner as it is supposed to do so. Then, the combustion will be inspected with the help of an analyser. Accordingly, it will be adjusted to make the thing normal with your combination boiler.
Then, checking will be performed for the expansion vessel and will be reset if required. Make sure that your boiler engineer performs this minute checking as it is one of the most important parts of your central heating system. Otherwise, it will lose the pressure and it will affect the rate of flow of water at the same time.
At last, the inhibitor will be examined as over time it dilutes and becomes incapable of offering optimal protection to the system. And if once sludge and iron starts to build up, it will be very difficult to retain its normal position.
If the problems are complicated, it will be better for you to hire the services of a reliable plumbing service provider. Contact us to get the free detailed quotes of our services along with the pricing structure. Get your job done with our quality services and that too without being hassled by out Gas Safe engineers.