Like just another home appliance, your washing machine also requires your attention when it comes to regular maintenance and cleaning. Otherwise, it will not be able to perform its job efficiently, which can ultimately lead to unclean clothes. Therefore, if you want your washing machine to be always efficient and durable, you also have to care for the same correctly as well. Keeping that in mind, we have formulated a guide using which you can clean your washing machine without any issues and thereby enjoy a long-lasting functionality from your appliance – in collaboration with the end of lease cleaning services.
Materials That You Will Require
Even though you do get commercial cleaning solutions in the market for separate purchase, it’s suggested that you use the following items for the best results:
- Baking Soda
- One Scrubbing Sponge
- One Old Toothbrush
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Dish Washing Liquid
Cleaning Tips & Tricks
- Before you first plan on cleaning your washing machine, you have to remove all the clothes and other items that are inside the washing machine. Vacate the entire washing machine before you start the process.
- First, you need to start with the washing machine cleaning detergent tray. An appropriate way to do it would be to first clean it with a mixture of warm water along with the dishwashing liquid. You can also use the old toothbrush to remove any stains or dirt.
- Once you’re done with the detergent tray, you need to move onto cleaning the tray housing. For cleaning, either use baking soda along with water or just use the dishwashing detergent.
- After you’re done cleaning the tray housing, it’s time to move onto the filter. You need to remove the washing machine filter cap and clean it separately. All the trapped dirt and filtered out water particles should be cleaned out. You can use warm water along with dish-washing soap to clean the same.
- Now you need to clean the main washing machine department into which you put your clothes in. To do that, you need to fill up the washing machine tray with a mixture of water, vinegar, and some baking soda. Now, it’s time to turn on the machine and let it runs its course. A full wash cycle would be enough for a thorough cleaning. Ensure that you keep the water temperature at the highest level and you’ll be good to go. In case you feel that the process needs to be repeated, you can easily repeat the cleaning process.
- Once it’s done, use some water and vinegar to clean the exterior of the machine. You can use a sponge for the same. After it’s done, allow the device to dry.