The principal purpose of wallpaper is to cover the walls and provide an additional protective shield against harmful substances. It also adorns the room through its various colours and textures. Wallpapers are utilized to transform dreams and thoughts into reality by using the walls as a canvas. One of the most important aspects while decking up the house is choosing the ideal wallpaper for the living room. Choosing the decor of the living room can be quite tricky. However, if the colour and design of the wallpaper is chosen according to the theme, then the living room can be transformed into a palace of relaxation, harmony and happiness.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider While Selecting the Living Room Wallpaper
- The most important element of the living room is the theme. Hence, the wallpaper’s colour and design should fully complement the decor of the living room, while enhancing the mood of the space.
- A room with light coloured wallpaper provides a polished and professional appearance, while those with a dark colour are best suited for a spacious living room. Therefore, the wallpaper should be chosen while keeping the size of the living room in mind.
- Since the living room is a place that stimulates relaxation after a long, tiring day, one should opt for a quiet, comfortable and cosy ambience. Hence, light coloured, pale wallpapers, along with subtle floral designs, are the best choice to bring about this mood.
- If strong, primary colours are preferred then they should be blended with lighter, cooler paints in order to create the perfect balance. Some of the neutral colours that can be pondered over are warm white, milky white and quietened tones of grey.
- While choosing the living room wallpaper, the decor of the rest of the house should also be taken into consideration. A fusion of the living room’s wallpaper with the rest of the house will make the house appear consistent and balanced.
- If a warm and comfortable mood is set, then this feeling will also be extended to the guests that are visiting the house. Since visitors usually spend the majority of their time in the living room, it is important that the wallpaper is inviting in nature.
- In wide-spaced living rooms, there may be areas dedicated to reading books, watching TV or listening to music. The proper backdrop of such living rooms may be created by applying tropical wallpapers.
Textured Wallpaper for the Living Room
- While selecting wallpaper for the living room, it is crucial to think about the texture of the wallpaper. Textured wallpapers not only jazz up the ambience of the room, but they are also eye catching to the guests who visit the house.
- Textile wallpapers are an apt choice for the living room. They are made up of natural or synthetic fibres and usually contain vertical wrap threads. If this particular type of wallpaper is chosen, then the room can be converted into an abode of tranquillity.
- Textile wallpapers are the best to provide visual appeal to the living room. The exquisite linen structure provides both a sense of movement and warmth, while the smooth silk wallpaper highlights its cool elegance and luxury.