Are you afraid to design your website because you haven’t done it before? That’s a common feeling between a lot of starters, but don’t worry once you go through the basics covered in our blog, you’ll be able to design the website you want without missing any important elements.
So without any further due, let’s cut to the chase. First of all, you need to know that a website is formed by two important elements i.e web development and web design. These two are the things that form the foundation of a website so they matter a lot. But in this blog, we’ll focus only on the design element. Also, both these services are provided by word press development company.
So go grab your giant mug of coffee and a pen to note down the important design elements we’re about to share with you. If you’re getting your website designed by a website designing agency then you use this checklist to instruct them.
So are you ready? Alright, here’s the checklist for your business website.
The Home Page
Your home page forms the first impression on customers and it’s where customers decide whether they want to stay on your website or not. So your home page needs to be well organized, aligned and perfect. Your home page must conform to the below criteria.
- Right Message – Highlight your brand message right on top so that it’s the first thing visitors view.
- Clear the next step – Guide the customer towards the next step.
- Appealing Visual – Try to minimize text and add more visuals to hook customers on the home page.
- Prompting Call to Action – Make sure you have added at least one compelling CTA on your home page.
- Invoke the emotion – Try to add content that captures the emotional spot of consumers. This way they would want to explore more.
Structure and Navigation
We can’t emphasize enough on the importance of website structure. Your website layout should be well aligned and structured. A well-organized website has a high conversion rate as visitors are systematically taken to their desired page and that helps in fulfilling your goals. You can seek help from a wordpress development company if you think you need to otherwise you can do it on your own.
Here are a few things to consider while forming your web structure.
- Consistency of Pages – Make sure the layout of all pages is the same. Place the header, footer and logo at the same place on all your pages. You can keep the main difference but the rest of the pages should have a consistent outlook.
- Add a Search Bar – No matter how simple your website is to navigate, still add a search bar for the ease of visitors.
Visuals are way more appealing and attention-grabbing than text. So add good visual content on your website that will compel customers to further explore your website and offerings. A collection of images, videos, animations, and icons will enhance the overall outlook of the home page and give customers an enjoyable experience.
Keep the following tips in mind while adding visual content to your website.
- Avoid low-quality cheap images.
- Optimize your image size.
You can also seek help from a website designing agency to add visual content to your website.
If your website isn’t responsive then you’re likely to lose more than half of your visitors within the first few seconds on your website. That’s why a responsive design is very important. So here a few things you can do to ensure that your website is responsive.
Responsive mouse-over – A responsive website is the one that is responsive to the cursor movement. It responds by showing dropdown menu, buttons and page transition links etc. So do yourself a favour and make sure your website doesn’t look like a static image.
Responsive scrolling – Don’t restrict the functionality of the scrolling wheel to just scrolling rather enable your images to fade on the scroll or screens change on the scroll.
Avoid pop-ups – Pop-ups are annoying so try to minimize them as much as possible.
Just so you know a wordpress development company can also design a responsive website so don’t hesitate to reach out to them.
User Experience (UX)
User experience (UX) design is the method used to create a website that offers good user experience. It involves everything from integrating the product to function, usability, design and branding. UX patterns allow little to none creativity so to see whether these design principles properly apply to your website or not, you make sure the following things have been accurately implemented.
- Don’t mix up checkboxes with radio boxes – Know the difference between these two and don’t confuse them. A checkbox presumes yes or no option while a radio box gives a list of options to choose from.
- Organize forms – Organize your field on your form from the most important information to least important.
- Distinguish between buttons and links – Buttons are used to enable customers to take an action on your website while a link is used to take customers to another page or section on your website.
We believe user experience (UX) is a little complicated and you might need a website designing agency to do it for you so feel free to reach out to them but if you think you can manage it then that’s even better. A well-designed website has all these elements and users enjoy being on such websites and interacting with it. So if you’re missing any of these elements then hurry up and add it to your website before you lose potential customers. Remember web designing is simple however, if you still think you can’t do it then you can hire a website designing agency for it.