Very much like humans, shrimp have precise nutritional necessities like – protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. The various nutritional ingredients in our foodstuffs come from an extensive range of natural raw resources, based on the species and the different life phases. Characteristically, shrimp feedstuff can comprise a combination of sterilized fishmeal, squid meal, and fish oil and vegetable (for example wheat, soya bean meal, etc.) and by-products from human intake of land animals. Among the various shrimp feedstuff available in the market, Vannamei feed really stands out. These are prepared with a distinctive formula and are manufactured from the finest quality imported and native components. As these are made utilizing the most cutting-edge US technology, this aquaculture shrimp nutrition is perfect for greater development.
In aquaculture, Vannamei feed are most frequently delivered in the form of dried pellets. It comprises all the vital nutrients required to keep shrimp vigorous and developing and also support the requirements across the diverse life stages. In fact, gradually, as more ingredients become accessible, reputed shrimp feed manufacturers are including various novel raw materials, like – insects, algae, proteins from single-cell creatures such as yeast, and even certain kind of waste materials.
Now, the most important question remains, how useful is this Vannamei feedstuff? For a satisfying answer follow the below-elaborated points –
- Hybrid diets are prepared to deliver the accurate nutritive value compulsory for appropriate growth of the shrimp across their life cycle.
- The greater density and extruded pellets supply an outstanding balanced diet at all stages. It also assists to retain water quality thereby minimizing environmental pollution.
- The feeds comprise an essential amino acid profile.
- Growth percentages are higher with better FCR.
- Helps to maintain water stability.
- It also boosts the immune system and appetite of the shrimp.
- All the above points ultimately lead to better and healthier shrimp production which, in turn, greater ROI for the shrimp farmers.
Shrimp feedstuff can be utilized at its best or can yield the finest results only when these are handled and managed appropriately. Remember, these are made of extremely perishable components, so it is critical to manage and store these suitably until used. A maximum number of well-known feed manufacturers provides common recommendations for handling and storage of shrimp feeds. Those are as follows –
- Stock shrimp feedstuff in a place that is dry, cool, and well-ventilated.
- Use the older feed first i.e., feedstuff that has been stockpiled for the longest period of time. Always stick to the FIFO “first in, first out” principle. Shrimp feed should be preferably used within the first two to four weeks after production. It should never be stored in excess of two to three months.
- Feed bags should be arranged on pallets to avert any direct touching with the surface or ground. Also, it should be a minimum of 45 cm – 50 cm away from the wall because that permits for satisfactory ventilation, dusting, placement of rodent traps, etc.
- Keep diverse sorts of feeds distinctly separate and evidently marked. Be especially mindful of separating medicated and non-medicated feed.
- Evadeextreme handling of feed bags. Always manage those with caution. Pelleted feeds are long-lasting but certainly not unyielding. Extreme or coarse handling escalates the occurrence of destruction, thussnowballing feed losses.
- There are farms that use feednumerous times in a day,but the whole feed ration is distributed from the store room to the ponds only once. This is done typically early in the morning. Be alert, because it is significant to shield feed bags from sunlight and rain. These need to be stored away from the open grounds inhumble, pond-side storing shelters.
So, the various above pointers prove that it’s all fine to use high quality Vannamei feed for greater ROI and environmental stability but these needs to be stored and handled with great care and for that following certain guidelines are necessary.