Unlike the earlier Indian culture where ‘Marriage’ within the same religion and caste was considered the rule of the land, the scenario has been changing at a rapid pace. Now, the majority of the young generation with a change mindset prefers doing Marriage without considering the ill-factors like caste, creed, race or religion, etc. With respect to the aforementioned change, ‘Arya Samaj Marriages’ which is governed by the ‘Hindu Marriage Act of 1957’along with the provision of ‘Special Marriage Act of 1954 and Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act of 1937’—became the talk of the town in the recent times.
So, to eradicate or eliminate the discrimination barriers in the name of caste, creed, race, or religion, if you’re also among those who want to solemnize marriage as per ‘Arya Samaj’ rituals and traditions that opens the door for everyone to opt for Inter-caste and Inter-religious marriages then, you’re at the exact right place. Here we’ve mentioned everything ranging from the list of required Arya Samaj marriage documents to the Arya Samaj mandir marriage process. Have a look:
In order to solemnize marriage as per Arya Samaj, the couple needs to arrange the following list of ‘Arya Samaj Marriage Documents:’
- The Marriage invitation card
- The Age-proof document as per the legal age criterion in which the bride age must be 18 or above and the groom age must be 21 or above.
- The Address Proof document of both the bride and groom.
- 7-7 Passport size photographs of the bride and groom.
- 3 eye-witnesses with each having their one-one passport size photographs and their identity as well as address proof documents.
- The separate Affidavits for stating the following—
- Marital status,
- Nationality, and
- Another affidavit for stating that the couple is not related or connected to each other within any degree of prohibited relationship.
- A copy of the Divorce Decree in case if either of the bride or the groom is divorced.
- A copy of the Death Certificate in case if the bride or groom is widow/widower resp.
Once, the couple is done with collecting and arranging all the aforementioned documents, the time has come to solemnize marriage by following the below-mentioned ‘Arya Samaj Mandir Marriage Procedure:’
- Firstly, book an appointment in the nearby ‘Arya Samaj Mandir.’
- Then, receive the Marriage appointment letter from the same Arya Samaj Mandir to solemnize marriage as per the ‘Arya Samaj Rituals.’
- After that, collect the Arya Samaj Marriage certificate from the Arya Samaj Mandir where the marriage is solemnized.
- Now, to provide legal status to your Arya Samaj Marriage, you need to register your marriage at the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) and to do so—
- Visit the ‘State Stamps and Registration’ website, download the marriage registration form and fill the form in order to submit it in the aforementioned office along with the fees and the following documents—
- 10th Class Certificate
- Arya Samaj Mandir Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Photograph (One)
- Aadhar Card as the Identity proof
- Eyewitnesses ID Proofs and
- (4-4) Passport Size Photos of both the bride and groom.
That’s all! Hope you now have enlightened yourself about the list of required Arya Samaj Marriage documents for solemnizing Arya Samaj Marriage and also for the Arya Samaj Marriage registration process.